Clinic History

Loop 410 Veterinary Hospital was opened in 1956 by Dr. Billy R. Trimmier and Dr. Wallace Larson. Located on the access road of Loop 410 at Broadway, the practice originally provided service for both small and large animals. A few years later, Dr. Larson moved the large animal practice out and Dr. James Saunders came in as partner with Dr. Trimmier in an exclusive small animal practice. Dr. Saunders was formerly a professor at Colorado State University. They were later joined by Dr. O.J. (Bubba) Woytek. Dr. Saunders continued to work part-time until his retirement in 1992.

We relocated to our present location at 9901 Broadway in 1985. Additionally, in 1986 our new hospital received the Hospital Design Award from AAHA. That same year Dr. Billy Trimmier received the Distinguished Alumnus Award from the School of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M University. This was a fitting award to honor his 30th year in veterinary practice.

In 1988, Dr. Ray Trimmier began practicing with his father after his former partner Dr. O.J. (Bubba) Woytek left to begin a career at Texas A&M University School of Veterinary Medicine. In 1996 Dr. Ann Macfarland returned to Loop 410 Veterinary Hospital as a veterinarian, having worked here for two years while in undergraduate school. She joined Dr. Ray as co-owner in 1997. In March of 2001 Dr. Billy Trimmier retired after 45 distinguished years in veterinary practice.

In 2008, Dr. Ray traveled to Tampa Bay, Florida to accept AAHA’s Commitment To Excellence award on behalf of Loop 410 Veterinary Hospital. This award recognized Loop 410’s 50 years as AAHA members as well as the hospitals dedication and commitment to the community.